Friday, July 14, 2017

A blogger (read: My) confession~

When I first decided to set up a blog account on Friendster (which is now obsolete), I've pledged myself not to blog so much so my life would be an open book. Having said that, I would want the blog to somehow connected to me so that I could stay connected with my readers.. which often enough are my friends. 

I realised however, I have not been writing the kind of post I have always intended to for quite sometimes now. You could say that I've lost my touch. But my only reason (read: excuse) would be, I have been doing lesser pondering on things I've observed, read or heard of. 😅 Astagfirullah~

Usually, I would made up some time to 'dwell' onto some subject. The subject matter often enough came when least expected of course! LOL! Just as how any human brain works, my brain crave for more info which most of the time requires me to do some research on the matter. 

And so hear ye.. hear ye.. I confess. I have wasted a lot of time doing other things 😅. I confess that I have dismissed many subject matter that came to me. I am so sorry my-inner-me. I know I could always have the time to compose a post so long as I plan what to write, do extra reading when needed (you need to feed your brain with facts ellyWong) and start writing! Once started, one will always compel to finish what one has started. 

Why confession all of a sudden? Something just hit me which brought guilt to my core. 

Surah Al-Mulk has a lot to say about spending time on observing, pondering and reasoning. In ayah number 19; 
Do they not see the birds above them with wings outspread and [sometimes] folded in? None holds them [aloft] except the Most Merciful. Indeed He is, of all things, Seeing.
In ayah number 10;
And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."
and in the final ayah;
Say, "Have you considered: if your water was to become sunken [into the earth], then who could bring you flowing water?"
We read this Surah often but I for one, did not make up to what the Surah is trying to convey to us. Adoi~ I hope I have not wasted too much God's given time, good health, strength and rizq for something not useful. May Allah continue to guide us all and to bless us with Hikmah when He thinks we have ponder enough.

Last but not least, thank you to all my silent readers. Yang baik itu datangnya dari Allah. Yang kurang itu dari diri ini sendiri. 😍

4 comments:

Mimiamilia said...

same situation here. i lagi teruk. blog bersawang dah dua tahun hu....

ellyWong said...

hehehe... apa lagi.. come on! once a blogger always a blogger! hihi

Ain Alida said...

Silently Reading,


The Silence Reader...

ellyWong said...

hugsss ain! muahx!