I remember a quote that someone shared on the facebook. It says something like this;
"If your effort is less than what your salary offers, Allah will eventually take it away from you. But if your effort is more than your salary, Allah will open more doors for you."
With these words secured neatly in my head, how could I or anyone not deliver the best.
Let’s face it, from time to time, you might hear this:
- It’s not my job. Why do I have to do it?
- They are not doing it, why should I?
- There are a lot of people there. One of them will do it.
- We could always do it later.
The problem with these people, after they have said all that, they will then say:
- Tengok laa tu that person, he’s only doing it to impress the Boss. Kalau takde Boss, takdenya dia nak buat.
- Hmph… Kerja mudah je tu. Anyone can do it.
- Show off.
- Saja nak bagi nampak busy laa tu.
Adoiyaii~~~~ what’s getting into these people head. This is really a sad phenomenon that has been tagged with working environment. Again, I have been in denial to suggest that I am living a world of cute babies and angel-like people ONLY. Sigh~~~~
I saw a quote on one of my colleague signature, it says, “Present to inform, not to impress; if you inform, you will impress”. It is the same concept. And when your sole wish is to impress none other but Allah, you’ll gain everything. :)