Saturday, October 16, 2010

Second chance...

"If you give a person one chance, they might turn out to be a good person...", and so I was told. Daddy said that after he shared me an interesting story of how one of his friends make a turning point in his life. And it was the right turn.

He used to be one of the kongsi gelap guy who had been living a brutal and violent life. He even told Daddy that one of the police stations in Malaysia was his second home. Although I have to skip most of the details, hearing this, anyone could imagine what a rough life he had been involved. 

It all changed when one of his other friends who also happened to be Daddy's friend advice him that he should change his lifestyle. Enough of the kongsi gelap and come out clean. The friend suggested that he should start working under him and even said that he could promote him to become a supervisor. When I asked Daddy how old is his other friend who was braved and kind of him to offer such kindness. Daddy told me that the friend is younger than him. At this point, it only makes it clearer to me that you don't need to be a certain age to change another 'man's' life.

He was given a chance to change and good for him, he grabbed it. His abrupt 180degree turn also lead him to build a happy family of his own. 

Second chance seldom come by. But when they do, some still ignore the clear sign. Only the one that's fortunate live to enjoy a better life. No wonder there's the doa in al-ma'thurat which said, "Ya Allah, janganlah Engkau biarkan nasib kami ditentukan oleh diri kami sendiri" which from my lack of vocab lead me to literally translate the doa into "O Allah, please don't let us decide our own fate i.e. guide us in making decision in life". 

I wanted to write a longer post but my dear Insyirah kept pulling my hand and told me "mi-mi, stop working. Let's go down.". And so with that, I end this post. ;)





1 comment:

4z2 said...

Hmmm...betul tu...betul tu.